Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Web Planet - Thoughts on a Whole

With the end of The Web Planet, it's time to reflect on the story as a whole. And what my thoughts on it are. And in the end, I feel pretty positive about the story.

It's the first story without any humans in it. Thals don't count. We have bumblebee footie pajama people and giant ants. And a living tentacle brain. And it all looks good, I mean it's mid 1960s tv, and it looks pretty good, special effects wise. Costumes are creative, even if I poke fun at them. And the actors playing the Menoptra are doing a bang up job. Sound effects are great. It's a good Barbara story.

It's only faults is that it is a 6 episode story. It could be trimmed down an episode to make it a touch tighter.

Overall it's an interesting romp, and I'm kind of sad we never got a return of the Zarbi or Menoptra. I would have actually liked a Menoptran companion on the TARDIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment